The Pratt Library is now Fine-Free.
Check out this video for more details on why the library decided to waive fines.
Learn more about the Library’s Fine-Free Policy.
Donate canned foods to pay off your library fines. Each can = $1.
- All proceeds benefit the Maryland Food Bank.
- There’s no limit on the amount of cans that you can donate!
For example, 5 cans = $5 off of your library card fines.
- Canned goods must be unopened and unexpired to qualify. No glass containers, please.
- To participate, just drop off your cans at the Circulation Desk of any Pratt Library branch.
You can donate even if you don’t have fines. Contact your local branch for details.
Support healthy eating by donating the following most needed items:
- Canned Proteins: canned tuna, salmon, chicken, peanut butter, or beans
- Canned Vegetables: low sodium, no salt added
- Fruits and Juices: in light syrup or its own juices, fruit cocktail, apple sauce, juice boxes
- Pasta & Rice: brown & white rice, macaroni & cheese, pasta
- Breakfast: cereal, oatmeal, quick oats, granola/cereal bars
- Soups & Stews: low sodium, beef stew, chili, chicken noodle, vegetable, turkey & rice
- Dairy: shelf-stable milk, evaporated milk, infant formula
Last year, the Pratt collected 8,124 pounds of food for the Maryland Food Bank, to help feed 6,770 Marylanders.